Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Medical College (SSRMC), was set up in 1996, is the primary restorative college of Mauritius, set up by the Indian Ocean Medical Institute Trust (IOMIT) in Mauritius in the memory of the father of the nation, late Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam. Mr. R.P.N. Singh, an educationist and a social organizer from India, is the originator Chairman and Managing Trustee of the trust.
Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Medical College is located in Belle Rive, close to the city of Cure pipe which is 15km from the capital city Of (Port Louis)
The college offered by the medical; colleges are:
- MBBS (Bachelor of medication and medical procedure)
- BDS (Bachelor of dentel medical procedure)
The college offers post-graduation (MD/MS) in five orders. The duration of the MBBS course is 5years divided into 10 semesters of a half year each from the date of beginning of the course and the term of BDS course is 4years (8semesters); followed
By 1 year mandatory Rotating Internship
The Indian Ocean Medical Institute Trust (IOMIT) was built up in 1996 with the A.V.I.D. goal of advancement of instruction and learning and setting up a medical college in Mauritius in the name of the father of the nation, late Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam, Who was additionally a specialist by calling.
The planning organizers of the administration of Mauritius including the agents of the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education Science Technology, Ministry of Economic Planning, International Trade and Development, Tertiary Education Commission, University of Mauritius and Chairman of the IOMIT arranged the setting up of the SSR Medical College in a team under the Central Policy Analysis and Evaluation Unit, Prime Minister Office, legislature of Mauritius. It was consented to set up the SSR Medical College associated to the University of Mauritius, which would grant the alumni and postgraduate degrees.
The SSR Medical College is spread over around 30 sections of land of land furnished by the administration with structures covering a zone of around 175,000 square feet (16,300 m) lodging the pre-clinical and the Para-clinical offices. The Ministry of Health and Quality of life has guaranteed determined help and gives Jawaharlal Lal Nehru Hospital, Victoria, SSR and other claim to fame emergency clinics having in excess of 2000 beds for the clinical preparing of the understudies of the SSR Medical College.
The College is appropriately affirmed by the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC), Mauritius and the MBBS degree is perceived by the Medical Council of Mauritius/the WHO/Medical Board of California, USA and nearly in every other nation of the world, subject to neighborhood guidelines/tests.
Advantages of studying in Mauritius
- MBBS universities in Mauritius are MCI approved.
- The course and educational plan of every single medicinal school of Mauritius are according to MCI design.
- Mauritius is an English talking nation. Additionally, it takes after a great deal of India. Numerous Indians settled in Mauritius a few ages prior. Students can see solid roots in India and the languages. Aside from English, numerous Indian dialects are seen in the nation over. Along these lines, Indian students don’t feel ungainly or wiped out in an outside goal.
- Many restorative colleges have qualified Indian resources, which has many years of instructing experience.
- The condition and atmosphere are delighted. It is a contamination-free nation and students have no dread of falling wiped out. Loaded with seashores, brilliant condition and tranquil environment.
- Indian culture is seen throughout the country.
- The cost of education is low when compared to India.
- Many medical universities have qualified Indian faculties, who has decades of teaching experience.
- Language, food, habits, and practices are very similar to India.
On the islands of Mauritius, the atmosphere is tropical, with a hot and stormy season which arrives at its top from January to March, and a moderately cooler and less blustery season from June to September. Truth be told, is that the islands are in the Southern Hemisphere, the seasons are turned around in examination with Europe or North America. The downpours, as is normal in the tropics, happen basically as storms or rainstorms, which for the most part don’t keep going long, so the sun sparkles for a decent number of hours even in the wettest months.
The archipelago is situated in the zone of the exchange winds, steady breezes which in this half of the globe blow from the south-east, particularly in the cool season.