MBBS in Central America is the central geographical area of the ground. It is the south, land portion of the North Yankee continent, that connects with South America on the southeast. When thought-about a part of the unified continental model, it’s thought-about a landmass. Central America consists of seven countries: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama. Belize is one of the most sought after destinations for medical education in the region due to the English speaking local population and the courses being taught in English.
The Caribbean islands ar a gaggle of islands on the sea unremarkably sorted as West Indies together with few ground countries like South American nation, Guyana, and Belize. The Caribbean is regarded as one of the top tourism destinations on earth with pristine beaches and natural beauty.
The Caribbean region has within the last 35 years has developed into a medical education hub for international students, particularly from the USA, Canada, India, and European countries, due to the American Education system and curriculum strictly followed by the universities, that have their clinical sites all over the United States. Studying Medicine in the Caribbean is a clear and easy pathway to continue medical education and practice in the USA. Most students studying in the Central American / Caribbean Medical Universities have been successful in the Residency placements and are working in over 45 countries, especially the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
Study MBBS in Central America:
MBBS in Central America at the highest MBBS faculties in Central America is one amongst the simplest and therefore the most value friendly choice. Almost all Universities in Central America square measure authorized by authorities like the World Health Organisation. There is no entrance take a look at demanded by the Central America medical universities.
Study medicine in Central America in English at one amongst the highest-rated university in Central America for MBBS with an awfully reasonable MBBS Central America fees is currently offered to students WHO want to study in Central America.
Central America offers MBBS with the lowest fees within the world at a number of the simplest MBBS faculties in Central America. Among Central America MBBS faculties the highest MBBS university in Central America has lower Central America medical school fees as compared to the Asian country.
Central America MBBS fee is economical for those who want to study medicine in Central America universities or the most cost-effective medical university in Asia.
The total fees for MBBS in Central America were much lower than in Indian medical colleges. Due to the low study fee in Central America cost, despite the fact that there exists a beautiful Central America medical education center is what makes study in Central America for Indian students a wonderful option.
MBBS in Central America – An Overview:
|Degree Awarded||MD Equivalent to MBBS in India|
|Date intake||January, May and September|
|Course Duration||5 years|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 with 60% marks in PCB|
|Minimum Age||17 Years on or Before 31st December|
|NEET Exam||Yes, It’s compulsory|
|IELTS & TOEFL||Not Required|
|Medium of Teaching||English Language|
|Universities Recognition||MCI, WHO, ECFMG, WFME, FAIMER, Ministry of Education Philippines|
|Course Fee||$ 28000 USD – $ 35000 USD|
|Living Cost In Philippines||$200 USD – $250 USD per month|
|Climate||Cold. Cloudy and moderate|
|Degree Awarded||MD Equivalent to MBBS in India|
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Central America:
- Central America / Caribbean medical faculties strictly follow the U.S. Education system and information and therefore area unit centered towards making ready doctor manpower for countries like USA, Canada, etc
- In most Universities, students write the NBME – National Board of Medical Examiners’ examination, USA’s board examinations on completion of Basic Medical Sciences and Clinical Sciences. (In different countries, the exams are all internal or conducted by the local governments’ examination authority)
- NBME is that the body that conducts the board examinations for Medical students learning within the U.S.Universities.
- NBME is that the body that conducts the USMLE examinations further. Hence, most of those Medical universities follow 100 percent similar information followed in the USA / Canada.
- Particularly, Pathology, Internal, Family, and community Medicine modules are the same as in the USA (In other countries its different)
- High standards of living; Safe, secure and peaceful environment.
- Shorter course durations: 4 – 5.5 Years for Indian High School passed outs
- MCAT Scores not required
- Premedical qualification is not mandatory in few universities for Indian students with a strong academic background
- IELTS / TOEFL scores are not mandatory in most universities
- Dedicated USMLE coaching/preparations throughout the course of study
12) Chance to try to two Years of Clinical rotations program in teaching hospitals in the USA / UK(In different countries, it can be maximum of 12weeks CLERKSHIP)
13) Chance to try to Clinical rotations in Government hospitals within the Caribbean region further.
14) 100% free recognized post-graduate training in USA / other developed countries on successful completion of USMLE or other respective licensing examinations with a good score
15) Stipend paid during Post Graduate Education
16) Climatic conditions just like the Republic of India (temperatures starting from 20⁰C to 32⁰C); smart medical facilities are also accessible within the region that’s a booming Medical commercial enterprise destination too.
17) 1000s of Indians area unit settled within the region, therefore, providing comfort and tranquility for the scholars. Some estimates over 2.5 million people in the Caribbean are of Indian origin.
18) Few universities here area unit surpass Indian managements with a smart range of Indian students.
19) Practical and utterly planned education information and pattern that ends up in high success rates in licensing examinations(Like USMLE, MCI, PLAB, AMC, etc).
20) Up to 5-10 times lesser value than learning medication in the USA or different major countries.
21) Three intakes a year: January, April, and September
22) High Visa success rate and lower documentation requirements.
Course Duration of MBBS (MD):
The programs are structured such that once the student’s clear Step 1 of USMLE after finishing Basic Medical Sciences in Yr 2 (in some cases Yr 3) they could continue their 3rd and 4th year – Clinical studies (in few cases 4th and 5th years) in affiliated teaching hospitals in the USA(Optional). Students can do the clinical rotation in the UK even without clearing PLAB/USMLE.
After finishing USMLE Step 1&2 with a decent score (Either in USA / UK or Central America), Students get a Temporary / Provisional License to pursue the Residency program in USA / Canada.
“Residency” is an option for students to pursue Post Graduate training / Specialization in a teaching hospital in USA / Canada / UK, etc, on work-based study mode. The PG program is 100% free of the tuition fee. A very good stipend is paid during the program. Minimum Stipend ranges from the US $ 3,500 and maybe up to US $ 12,000 / Month. Students generally earn back what they have spent on their UG education within a span of 1 – 1.5 years. They also have very good chances of settling down in the countries from which the finish their Residency.
Further, Students who complete the Residency program in USA / Canada / UK / Australia / New Zealand have additional benefits back in India too. They NEED NOT WRITE MCI SCREENING TEST IF THEY ARE COMING BACK TO INDIA TO CONTINUE THEIR PRACTICE.
List of Top Medical Colleges/Universities in Central America (MCI Approved):
Accommodation Facility in Central America for Indian Students:
Most of the academic establishments in Central America can assist you to find accommodation whereas learning in Central America. Accommodations are of two types i.e.On University (Halls of Residence or Dormitories or Hostel) or off-campus (Homestay or Apartments/Flats). Off-campus accommodation is an additional cost than on campus.
Climate In Central America:
Central America has a humid and tropical climate with dry and rainy seasons in all regions. Thus, the climate can be different in different countries while some countries have multiple zones of climate. In the areas of mountains or hilly areas, the temperature is often lower comparing to the temperature of lower elevations. It is found that there is no cold climate until 50 Fahrenheit and the temperature of the hottest areas reaches about 80 degrees.