About Lakehead University
Lakehead University has grown step by step from Lakehead College of Arts, Science, and Technology and Lakehead Technical Institute. Lakehead Technical University was acquainted with satisfying the requirement for advanced education in Ontario. It was established by an Order-in-Council of the Province of Ontario in the year 1946. Lakehead College of Arts, Science, and Technology were built up in the year 1956 by an Act of Ontario Legislature. Later this foundation came to be known as “Lakehead University” when the Lakehead University Act came into power in the year 1965. Norman McLeod Paterson was the principal Chancellor of the college.
Lakehead University follows its underlying foundations back to 1946 and is presently positioned among the top ten colleges in Canada. Home to in excess of 8500 students, Lakehead University is based out of two campuses in Ontario – the Thunder Bay Campus and Orillia Campus.
The college offers undergraduate programs crosswise over 57 fields of study – including training, building, software engineering, bioinformatics, applied life sciences, medication, business, financial aspects, law, political theory, human studies, expressions, and natural investigations.
Why to study at Lakehead University?
- The college offers 56 undergraduate and 31 graduate and doctoral projects through nine resources that incorporate Education, Business Administration, Engineering, Faculty of Health and Behavioral Sciences, Medicine and Graduate Studies, Science and Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management and Science and Humanities.
- Smaller class sizes enable you to have a customized college experience and be increasingly occupied with your investigations. At Lakehead, 90% of our classes have less than 60 students, and 60% of our classes have less than 30.
- A place where you are urged to be who you want to be, dare to be different.
- Canada’s #1 Undergraduate Research University (Research Info source) – 4 years straight – implies access to unrivaled research openings at the undergraduate level.
- Most elevated possibility for progress – their students succeed academically, graduate on schedule and land jobs!
Courses and fees structure
|Courses||Duration||1st Year Tuition Fees||Exams Accepted|
|MSc in Computer Science||2 Years||INR 11.8 Lakh||IELTS : 6.5, TOEFL : 80|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||1 Years||INR 17.6 Lakh||GMAT : Accepted, GRE : Accepted|
|MSc in Civil Engineering||2 Years||INR 13.8 Lakh||IELTS : 6.5, TOEFL : 80|
|Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering||2 Years||INR 13.8 Lakh||IELTS : 6.5, TOEFL : 80|
|Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering||2 Years||INR 13.8 Lakh||IELTS : 6.5, TOEFL : 80|
|Master of Science in Management||1 Years||INR 13.8 Lakh||GMAT : Accepted, GRE : Accepted|
|Master of Arts in Sociology||2 Years||INR 11.8 Lakh||IELTS : 6.5, TOEFL : 80|
|Master of Arts in Economics||2 Years||INR 11.8 Lakh||IELTS : 6.5, TOEFL : 80|
|Other Courses||1 – 4 Years||INR 10.2L – 14.7L||–|
Student life at Lakehead University
Lakehead offers a choice of help administrations for international students, including academic exhortation, wellbeing and guiding, coaching, visa and migration counsel, money related assistance, openness administrations, profession improvement, study abilities workshops, and the sky is the limit from there.
The Lakehead International companion guide program can combine you, and a little gathering of other worldwide students, with experienced Lakehead University students. They’ll have the option to assist you with changing into life at the college and become acquainted with the campus and encompassing the area.
The Residence Life Team is devoted to sorting out clubs, exercises and excursions for all students, which are an extraordinary method to engage in campus life and meet students from different nations and projects.