Davao Medical School Foundation in Philippines
The Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) Philippines was established in July 1976 in response to the recognition of the lack of doctors serving rural communities and the lack of specialists in urban centers of Mindanao. Best College of Medicine was thus the first such college to be set up in Mindanao and is dedicated to providing medical education and training of the highest order, leading to the provision of effective medical care in both rural and urban communities.
A consortium, the members of which are the Ateneo de Davao University, Brokenshire Memorial Hospital, the Development of Peoples’ Foundation, San Pedro Hospital, and San Pedro College, operates the Foundation. It is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as a non-stock, non-profit organization and is approved by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). In addition to the College of Medicine, DMSF operates a College of Dentistry, an Institute of Primary Health Care (IPHC) and a Center for Education, Research and Development in Health (CERDH).
Why Study MBBS in DMSF Best medical college in Philippines:
• The Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) was established in July 1976 in response to the recognition of the lack of doctors serving rural communities and lack of specialist in urban centers of Mindanao
• top medical college in Philippines Davao College of Medicine was the first college to be set up in Mindanao and is dedicated to providing medical education and training of the highest order, leading to the provision of effective medical care in both rural and urban communities
• In addition to the College of Medicine, DMSF operates a College of Dentistry, an Institute of Primary Health Care (IPHC) and a Centre for Education, Research and Development in Health (CERDH)
• Own hospitals are a Consortium of Ateneo De Davao University, Broken shire Memorial Hospital, Development Foundation, and San Pedro Hospital
• Students are Eligible for appearing in USMLE, 2nd year onwards
• International students exposure 1) Tuition fee is affordable
2) Scholarship programs available
3) Healthy Environment
4) Lots of international students
5) The course is in English so there is no language barrier
6) Hostel facility
Mbbs in Philippines for Indian students Davao Medical School Foundation has hostels on campus. No need to live outside the college campus. It saves students time and gives a better environment for education.
Rules and qualification for MBBS Abroad:
|NEET Qualification||Students must qualify NEET to get MBBS Admission|
|Minimum Age||17 Years on or Before 31st December|
|Maximum Age||25 Years|
|Minimum Score in 12th standards||50% (PCB-50%)|
|$ 30000 USD – $ 32000 USD|
|Mode Of Payment: Semester Wise|
|Each Semester Duration: 6 Months|
|Processing Fee (One Time) :|
|Hostel and Food Exp: $15000 USD|
Total Fee for 4 years
Davao medical school foundation is one of the best medical colleges in the Philippines country. It consists of the lecture halls, laboratories, demonstration hall, fully air-conditioned auditorium, dissection hall, canteen, and hospital. The DMSF hospital covers an area of 10000 square meters on the campus. The lecture halls are well-furnished, gallery types seating arrangement with AV aids and air-conditioned facilities. E-class rooms are obtainable. The Laboratories are equipped with modern gadgets, all these are maintained by well-trained technicians. The demonstration halls are displays with specimens and catalogs for the anatomy classes. Best medical college for Indian students in Philippines
Davao medical school in Philippines foundation has two libraries on the campus. The main library is located in the administrative block of the college and annex library is in the nursing department. Both of these libraries are operated with a standard library automation system for a favorable way of access and retrieve the data. The library consists of more than 50000 medicinal material and bibliographic citations. E-library facility with a computer is available for accessing international journals that help to gain the knowledge of students and researchers. The functioning hours of these libraries are from 7.30 am to 10.00 pm. The timing will be extended on the examination weeks.
Abroad MBBS admission processing & documents:
1) How easy is it to study overseas these days? Every third person I know is studying abroad, be it to step up their career options or to get a better academic experience.
2) But what makes a study abroad journey successful? Besides other proactive approaches that you take, getting the right set of documents ready well before time is not easy.
3) When I say gathering the right documents, I mean not all universities around the globe require the same set of credentials. So you need to know exactly what your chosen university requires from you.
Here is a general set of documents that you will need during the application process and best medical colleges in Philippines for Indian students.
Next, let us talk about the documents required for applying for MBBS admission abroad:
• 10th mark sheet
• 12th mark sheet
• Passport copies
• Birth Certificate (In English).
• Medical Certificate.
• Financial sponsor’s Bank statement (a min 6 months showing adequate balance)
• School/college leaving/transfer certificate.
• 10-12 passport size photographs
• Financial Affidavit
• No Objection certificate
• Gap certificate for those students who had passed 12th Level in earlier years.
Advantages of studying MBBS in the Philippines:
• The medical universities are approved by the World Health Organization. In addition, these are also listed and approved in the list of IMED and ECFMG medical education directories. It provides the student with an ernationally recognized medical program. Also, students are eligible to appear in the international medical exams, namely USMLE.
• When you check MBBS in Philippines review, you can see that about 8000 foreign students are admitted in MBBS every year. The standard of education by these medical universities in the Philippines is on par with global standards. Every year, thousands of doctors move to different countries for higher education and practice.
• Check out the MBBS in Philippines quora comments or MBBS in Philippines review, where the climate is most favorable for the Indian students. The climate in the Philippines is very similar to the Indian climate. So, it is easy for the Indian students to adapt to the environment in a foreign country. Philippines MBBS syllabus covers all aspects covered in an MBBS degree offered across the globe. The education system followed by Philippines medical universities is not similar to the ones followed by China or European countries. Philippines MBBS is similar to the US education system. Eventually, students who study MBBS in the Philippines have an edge over others for great career opportunities in countries like the USA, Canada, UK, etc.
English speaking country, communications easy. Language of coaching is English
No donation or capitation fee
MCI approved medical colleges and universities
Internationally acclaimed degree
Safe environment and no threat for international students
Living cost is extremely low.
The Philippines has a tropical climate, just like India. Hence the diseases in the Philippines are similar in India. So, if you study MBBS in the Philippines, you’ll be taught and trained for the same conditions as you would have if you were studying MBBS in India. This is a massive advantage for the students who want to come back and practice in India. Because, in other foreign countries, you’ll handle patients with a completely different type of diseases, which are not prevalent in India. Therefore, when you come back to India to practice as a doctor – you’ll need lots of time and effort to be accustomed to the local diseases in India. Here you’ll be a few steps ahead if you study MBBS in the Philippines, as you’ll already be familiar with the same diseases like in India and you can start practice immediately after passing the MCI test.
How to Reach:
The Philippines is one of the populated archipelago countries in Southeast Asia. Davao is the main region and most populous city of the island Mindanao. Davao medical school foundation has 9 kilometers of distance from the Francisco Bangoy International Airport, Davao. The local transport services are available to connect the nearest cities. Davao city overland terminal transport is 4 kilometers away from the college with a traveling time of 8 minutes.