China Medical University:
China Medical University (CMU) was established as China Medical College on June 6, 1958, and transformed itself into China Medical University in 2003. It is the first academic institution in Taiwan where Chinese medicine and pharmacy programs are provided. The university has steadily grown to its present position as one of the foremost medical universities in Taiwan. The university has two major campuses, Taichung (including Wuchuan and Ankang) and Beigang.
Located in the center of Taichung City, CMU includes 7 colleges where western medicine, Chinese medicine, pharmacy (including Chinese herbs), health care (including nursing), life sciences, management, and public health education, research and practice programs are provided. Interdisciplinary courses are also available as the basis for students to integrate their learning experiences. With CMU’s top-ranked laboratories, a library and reference center, two comprehensive teaching hospitals, and a strong staff commitment to students, our university provides a total approach to medical education in a caring, nurturing and well-equipped environment.
Why Study MBBS in China Medical University:
1) China Medical University (CMU) was established as China Medical College on June 6, 1958, and transformed itself into China Medical University in 2003.
2) The first academic institution in Taiwan where medicine and pharmacy programs are provided.
One of the foremost universities in Taiwan for pursuing MBBS in China.
3) It is MCI and WHO approved.
4) The Taichung international airport is located a few kilometers away from the university. Bus services are also available from the airport.
5) China Medical University faculty consists of 448 professors, 676 associate professors, 205 tutors for doctoral students and 562 tutors for master students, 2 members of the Evaluation Group of Academic Degree Committee of the State Council, 4 directors and 11 vice-directors, 50 members of Standing Committee.
6) Indian curriculum is followed in collaboration with International Syllabus for the medical program.
The University offers the course in English medium.
7) The China Medical University campus is located in the northern part of Taichung, close to the city center. A second campus was established in Peikang in Yunlin County in 1958. The Taichung campus is comprised of the Life Teaching Building, the Medical Building, the Huchu Building, the Medical Technology Building, and four hospital buildings. The peikang Campus is comprised of the Teaching Building. the Activity Centre and Halls of Residence, in addition to Matsu Teaching Hospital.
8) The China Medical University library was established in 1958, located in Life Education Building on Taichung campus with a collection of over 300,000 volumes. The library makes current relevant information available to patrons in both print and electronic formats, with special emphasis on Chinese medicine. The collection covers health, medical sciences, and related health-care issues and concepts. Thousands of off-site electronic journals and eBooks can also be accessed.
9) China Medical University’s fee structure is quite economical.
It also offers inter-university courses, professional development, and research programs for faculty, and an executive leadership development camp for students
It has a number of international collaborations.
Accreditation and Recognition:
- School of Medicine successfully passed the assessment conducted by the Taiwan Medical Accreditation Council (TMAC) and was rewarded with an exemption from follow-up evaluations for the next 7 years.
- China University Hospital has been recognized as one of the nation’s top medical centers by attaining an A-level evaluation as a teaching hospital.
- Continuing education and administrative support received appraisals in the upper percentiles by the medical division of the Ministry of Education.
- From 2006 to 2009, China Medical University was awarded a Teaching Excellence Grant by the Ministry of Education, ranking highest among medical universities in Taiwan based on student population.
Rules and qualifications for MBBS Abroad
|NEET Qualification||Students must qualify NEET to get MBBS Admission|
|Minimum Age||17 Years on or Before 31st December|
|Maximum Age||25 Years|
|Minimum Score in 12th standards||60% (PCB-50%)|
|Total Fee for 4 years|
|$ 30000 USD – $ 35000 USD|
|Mode Of Payment: Semester Wise|
|Each Semester Duration: 6 Months|
|Processing Fee (One Time) :|
|Hostel and Food Exp: $10000 USD|
The university has a very large campus spread in the area that offers excellent campus facilities such as 8 canteens with International, Indian, Muslim (Halal Food) and Chinese cuisines. China Medical University has two campuses- The main campus and the new campus. China Medical University hostel is very famous across China. China’s medical college fees include access to most of these amenities. The university has more than 2,800 international students residing in the world-class dorm facilities with every floor having a pantry to cook your own food. The campus has every kind of offerings such as Bicycle, two-wheelers, electric scooters, well-stocked Grocery store, Mobile and laptop stores, Banks and ATM, etc. so that the students basically do not need to spend their time for traveling outside the campus facilities in their busy schedule. The best part of this university is the Indian restaurant on the campus providing Veg and Non-Veg food for the Indian students. This is one of the biggest attractions since other universities offering MBBS in China do not offer this advantage. Medicine in China in English is also a possibility now. China Medical University’s world ranking is higher than most Chinese medical universities.
Abroad MBBS admission processing & documents:
1) How easy is it to study overseas these days? Every third person I know is studying abroad, be it to step up their career options or to get a better academic experience.
2) But what makes a study abroad journey successful? Besides other proactive approaches that you take, getting the right set of documents ready well before time is not easy.
3) When I say gathering the right documents, I mean not all universities around the globe require the same set of credentials. So you need to know exactly what your chosen university requires from you.
Here is a general set of documents that you will need during the application process.
Next, let us talk about the documents required for applying for MBBS admission abroad:
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- Passport copies
- Birth Certificate (In English).
- Medical Certificate.
- Financial sponsor’s Bank statement (a min 6 months showing adequate balance)
- School/college leaving/transfer certificate.
- 10-12 passport size photographs
- Financial Affidavit
- No Objection certificate
- Gap certificate for those students who had passed 12th Level in earlier years.
Advantages of studying MBBS in China:
- Good climatic condition suitable for students coming from any climatic zone
- A very safe place for foreign students as there is no record of any crime against a foreign student
- Over 100 Medical Universities to choose for MBBS Study in China
- The huge number of patients suffering from different diseases gives MBBS students gain good clinical exposure
- It is our neighboring nation and gives you a sense of good proximity
- There are numerous government universities enjoying a good amount of fund and other aided support helping foreign students pursue MBBS at a low fee
- World-class infrastructure equipped with the latest lab types of equipment, tools, and systems
- The facility of scholarships for bright and economically backward students
- Easy documentation and worry-free VISA processing
Accommodation & Hostel Facilities:
China Medical University hostels for students pursuing MBBS in China consist of only single rooms. Each room is equipped with broadband internet access, landlines, and one air-conditioner. In China Medical University, accommodation applications are processed on a first-come, first-choice basis. The students can use their own private bathrooms but need to share kitchens and washing machines. International students pursuing MBBS in China who intend to study in China Medical University can also live in the IBIS Hotel, which is just opposite to the gate of the campus.
The climate of the country is very important to be considered by every such student who is going to study the MBBS in the country. As the University is located in the Changchun city of the country thus we will discuss the climate of the same region.
This region has a humid continental climate with the same typical four seasons. Here the winters are the longest in the comparison of any other climate and the climate in the month of January may have as low as -15 degrees of the temperature. Here the spring and the autumn are the shortest seasons and the summer season can also be hot and humid.
The average temperature in the region for the month of July can be at around 24 degrees, which is still very lower in the comparison of the other Asian region’s countries.
Overall the region has decent climate characteristics and if you are someone, who loves winter and can really stand out to it then there won’t be many issues for you to spend 6 years of your life.