Cebu Institute of Medicine
The Cebu Institute of Medicine (CIM) was set up in June 1957 as Cebu Institute of Technology College of Medicine. In 1966, CIM turned into a non-stock, non-benefit clinical learning organization.
Situated at the uptown area of Cebu City, CIM has developed to turn into a main clinical organization outside Metro Manila. From 33 alumni in 1962, the school has of August 2013 delivered 5162 doctors, 42 of whom graduated with distinction. One hundred twenty-nine (129) of its alumni have topped the Physician Licensure Examination. Positioned number one among the Top Performing School in the nation 2001 – August 2013.
In March 1987, the Board of Medical Education has arranged the Cebu Institute of Medicine as having a place with level IV classification, the most elevated classification. In April 1996, the Commission in Higher Education perceived the Cebu Institute 123456 of Medicine as one of three Centers of Excellence for Medicine. In September 2001, the Commission on Higher Education allowed the organization an Autonomous status. In 2007, we got our accreditation from the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges, and Universities (PAASCU) and in December 2011, we accomplished PAASCU Level II Accreditation.
Similarly noteworthy is the high notoriety the school graduates have made in clinical practice both here and abroad. Many driving professionals and pioneers of clinical affiliations are CIM Alumni.
Why Study MBBS in CIM:
Established Cebu Institute of Medicine Medio-Social Services which gives presentation and drenching of the clinical understudy in the network and gives essential clinical preparation of neighborhood wellbeing laborers. Built-up the C.I.M. Clinical Epidemiology Unit, an associate of the Southeast Asian Clinical Epidemiology Network, which works for the progression of clinical practice through research.
Kept up a tie-up with the Philippine Council for Health Research and Development in various activities.
CVGH (Cebu Velez General Hospital) a preparation medical clinic is the primary Mother-Baby agreeable private Hospital.
Focused on working for the advancement of the network and its kin, the Cebu Institute of Medicine and the Cebu (Velez) General Hospital are working connected at the hip with an end goal to do its offer in lightening the network’s wellbeing related issues.
1) Tuition fee is affordable
2) Scholarship programs available
3) Healthy Environment
4) Lots of international students
5) The course is in English so there is no language barrier
6) Hostel facility
Rules and qualification for MBBS Abroad:
|NEET Qualification||Students must qualify NEET to get MBBS Admission|
|Minimum Age||17 Years on or Before 31st December|
|Maximum Age||25 Years|
|Minimum Score in 12th standards||50% (PCB-50%)|
The school has a medical library, conference rooms, three amphitheaters that can accommodate 120 students. It has well-furnished laboratories for basic subjects, well-ventilated classrooms and a social hall occupying the entire wing of the fifth floor of the building.
The C.I.M. -Clinical Epidemiology Unit was established to provide medical students, interns, residents-in-training and practicing physicians the necessary guidance appropriate for the respective research activities in the field of medicine.
Abroad MBBS admission processing & documents:
1) How easy is it to study overseas these days? Every third person I know is studying abroad is it to step up their career options or to get a better academic experience.
2) But what makes a study abroad journey successful? Besides other proactive approaches that you take, getting the right set of documents ready well before time is not easy.
3) When I say gathering the right documents, I mean not all universities around the globe require the same set of credentials. So you need to know exactly what your chosen university requires from you.
Here is a general set of documents that you will need during the application process.
Next, let us talk about the documents required for applying for MBBS admission abroad:
• 10th mark sheet
• 12th mark sheet
• Passport copies
• Birth Certificate (In English).
• Medical Certificate.
• Financial sponsor’s Bank statement (a min 6 months showing adequate balance)
• School/college leaving/transfer certificate.
• 10-12 passport size photographs
• Financial Affidavit
• No Objection certificate
• Gap certificate for those students who had passed 12th Level in earlier years.
Advantages of studying MBBS in the Philippines:
• The medical universities are approved by the World Health Organization. In addition, these are also listed and approved in the list of IMED and ECFMG medical education directories. It provides the student with an internationally recognized medical program. Also, students are eligible to appear in the international medical exams, namely USMLE.
• When you check MBBS in Philippines review, you can see that about 8000 foreign students are admitted in MBBS every year. The standard of education by these medical universities in the Philippines is on par with global standards. Every year, thousands of doctors move to different countries for higher education and practice.
• Check out the MBBS in Philippines quora comments or MBBS in Philippines review, where the climate is most favorable for the Indian students. The climate in the Philippines is very similar to the Indian climate. So, it is easy for the Indian students to adapt to the environment in a foreign country. Philippines MBBS syllabus covers all aspects covered in an MBBS degree offered across the globe. The education system followed by Philippines medical universities is not similar to the ones followed by China or European countries. Philippines MBBS is similar to the US education system. Eventually, students who study MBBS in the Philippines have an edge over others for great career opportunities in countries like the USA, Canada, and the UK, etc.
English speaking country, communications easy. Language of coaching in English
No donation or capitation fee
MCI approved medical colleges and universities
Internationally acclaimed degree
Safe environment and no threat for international students
Living cost is extremely low.
The Philippines has a tropical climate, just like India. Hence the diseases in the Philippines are similar in India. So, if you study MBBS in the Philippines, you’ll be taught and trained for the same conditions as you would have if you were studying MBBS in India. This is a massive advantage for the students who want to come back and practice in India. Because, in other foreign countries, you’ll handle patients with a completely different type of diseases, which are not prevalent in India. Therefore, when you come back to India to practice as a doctor – you’ll need lots of time and effort to be accustomed to the local diseases in India. Here you’ll be a few steps ahead if you study MBBS in the Philippines, as you’ll already be familiar with the same diseases like in India and you can start practice immediately after passing the MCI test.