Akaki Tsereteli State University:
Akaki Tsereteli State University was established on the basis of Tbilisi State University. Tbilisi State University had been founded under the guidance of Georgian historian Ivane Javakhishvili in 1918. In July 1930, when Georgia had already fallen under Soviet rule, the authorities abolished Tbilisi State University, creating four independent institutions in its place.
On January 8, 1933, Tbilisi State University was re-established and State Pedagogical Institute moved to Kutaisi. Now named Kutaisi University and located in the center of the city, it started functioning from February 13, 1933.
In 1990, the university was transformed into Akaki Tsereteli State University, being named after Georgian poet and national liberation movement figure Akaki Tsereteli. On February 23, 2006, the authorities merged the university with Kutaisi N. Muskhelishvili Polytechnic Institute which was founded on September 1, 1974, enhancing its faculty and curriculum on technical subjects.
Why Study MBBS in Akaki Tsereteli State University:
- It is one of the oldest universities in Georgia and is 89 years old University.
- The Mbbs (MD) degree provided by the University is recognized around the world. The University is recognized by WHO and ECGMG, which allows students to study in the USA.
- The University is very near to Tbilisi Airport. It is located in Kutaisi which takes only 2 hrs time to reach the University.
- Both Indian Hostel and Mess facilities are provided for the Indian students with Indian food.
- The University has a total of 18 buildings, where all the theoretical and practical classes are held.
- The duration of the Medical program provided by the University is for 5 years term.
- The complete Mbbs course is provided in the English language mostly for foreign students.
- MCI coaching is provided at the university from 2nd year onwards, especially for Indian students.
- AKAKI TSERETELI STATE UNIVERSITY is one of the most valued university of Georgia
- Akaki Tsereteli State University is a member of the International Association of Medical Education.
- University co-operates productively with universities and scientific centers of EU, USA and Eastern countries to establish conditions international accreditation/approval standards and to create the best environment for the student
Rules and qualification for MBBS Abroad
|NEET Qualification||Students must qualify NEET to get MBBS Admission|
|Minimum Age||17 Years on or Before 31st December|
|Maximum Age||25 Years|
|Minimum Score in 12th standards||60% (PCB-50%)|
|Total Fee for 6 years|
|$ 30000 USD – $ 32000 USD|
|Mode Of Payment: Semester Wise|
|Each Semester Duration: 6 Months|
|Processing Fee (One Time) :|
|Hostel and Food Exp: $15000 USD|
Accreditations & Recognitions
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- MCI (Medical Council of India)
- World Federation Of Medical Education (WFME)
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Foundation For Advancement Of International Medical Education And Research (FAIMER)
Abroad MBBS admission processing & documents:
1) How easy is it to study overseas these days? Every third person I know is studying abroad, be it to step up their career options or to get a better academic experience.
2) But what makes a study abroad journey successful? Besides other proactive approaches that you take, getting the right set of documents ready well before time is not easy.
3) When I say gathering the right documents, I mean not all universities around the globe require the same set of credentials. you need to know exactly what your chosen university requires from you.
Here is some general set of documents that you will need during the application process.
Next, let’s talk about the documents required for applying for MBBS admission:
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- Passport copies
- Birth Certificate (In English).
- Medical Certificate.
- Financial Sponsor Bank statement (Minimum 6 months showing adequate balance)
- School/college leaving/transfer certificate.
- 10-12 passport size photographs
- Financial Affidavit
- No Objection certificate
- Gap certificate for students who had passed 12th Level in earlier years.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Georgia:
1) The MBBS degree is recognized by the WHO and UNESCO and is accepted across the world.
2) MBBS students Georgia are eligible for internship and can apply for further studies in 47 countries under the Lisbon Convention.
3) Medical students in Georgia are provided with the opportunity to gain practical knowledge through experiments and clinical clerkship.
4) The infrastructure and facilities of hostels are excellent and Indian cuisines are served at the hostels to give students a homely feeling.
5) Students studying in Georgia get the opportunity to complete their internship program from world-class medical colleges and hospitals in the world.
6) Georgia is one of the safest places as a comparison of other countries. It is safer than Russia, China, and Ukraine. 7) Indian students can travel on public transport in Georgia without any trouble.
8) MBBS colleges in Georgia provide great academics, as well as sports. 9) The Fee of MBBS in Georgia is lower when compared to other study destinations around the globe.
10) The medical education system in Georgia is almost equivalent to India and many developing countries.
11) All medical universities in Georgia have the best infrastructure facilities and experienced faculty members.
12) The Medical Council of India recognizes MBBS qualification acquired from Georgian universities. Indian students can visit their country and work after completed their MBBS in Georgia.
13) MBBS in Georgia is also known for the best FMGE passing percentage.
Accommodation & Hostel Facilities:
- All rooms in the hostel are furnished and vary in size and number of services. Dormitories in the hostel can accommodate 2 or 3 students in a room.
- All rooms have a bed, mattress, cushion, blanket, desk, chair, heating, water system and sufficient lighting for study and relaxation.
- There are shared spaces where students can play and enjoy. After the students arrive on campus, specific adaptations are assigned and after a satisfactory health report, the student will be hosted in the assigned room.
- All hostels’ rooms have high-speed Wi-Fi.
- In the hostel, the kitchen is provided for students to cook food at their leisure. Students must provide their own kitchen utensils. Meals can be purchased at various food outlets.
Tbilisi features a wet subtropic climate with deal hot summers and comparatively cold winters.
The city receives enough rain to avoid the semi-arid classification.
The city’s climate is influenced each by dry air plenty from the east and oceanic air plenty from the west.
The average annual temperature in Tbilisi is twelve.7 °C (54.9 °F).
January is that the coldest month with a mean temperature of zero.9 °C (33.6 °F).
July is that the hottest month with a mean temperature of 24.4 °C (75.9 °F)